Daniel Maree and Trayvon Martin’s parents are attending a remembrance for Trayvon and Stephen Lawrence, considered by black UK citizens as the Trayvon Martin of the early 90s in London.
They have organized a town hall discussion and vigil to be held on one of London’s major streets.
Check out the excerpt of the interview below:
Martin’s parents and Lawrence’s mother will attend the town hall and vigil, confirmed Maree, who was asked by Martin family lawyer Ben Crump to spearhead the planning.
“At first I was kind of skeptical because I know how hard it is to do these things,” Maree told Loop 21 by phone. “I feel like they are kind of like the first family right now, and (Crump) is like the chief of staff. So, I couldn’t say no.”
Read/learn more at Loop 21
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here