Daniel Maree and Trayvon Martin’s parents are attending a remembrance for Trayvon and Stephen Lawrence, considered by black UK citizens as the Trayvon Martin of the early 90s in London.
They have organized a town hall discussion and vigil to be held on one of London’s major streets.
Check out the excerpt of the interview below:
Martin’s parents and Lawrence’s mother will attend the town hall and vigil, confirmed Maree, who was asked by Martin family lawyer Ben Crump to spearhead the planning.
“At first I was kind of skeptical because I know how hard it is to do these things,” Maree told Loop 21 by phone. “I feel like they are kind of like the first family right now, and (Crump) is like the chief of staff. So, I couldn’t say no.”
Read/learn more at Loop 21
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here