*The annual hip-hop concert tour Rock The Bells announced its lineup today (May 16), with Nas, Kid Cudi and Wiz Khalifa topping the bill, and a special performance due by Missy Elliott.
Elliott, who revealed her battle with Graves’ disease last year and whose seventh studio album has been seven years in the making, will be making an “exclusive North American festival performance” at the festival series, which will roll through San Bernardino, Calif. on Aug 18-19, Mountain View, Calif. on Aug. 25-26, and Holmdel, N.J. on Sept. 1-2. The rapper’s longtime producer and collaborator, Timbaland, will join her for the performances.
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony are also in the lineup and are expected to perform their 1995 classic album “E. 1999 Eternal” in its entirety. Method Man and Redman will team up to perform their 1999 album “Blackout!” as well.
Other notable performers at this year’s festival include Lupe Fiasco, Salt-N-Pepa, Dipset, and all four members of the Black Hippy squad — Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock.
The event will be hosted by RZA and Supernatural.
Tickets for this year’s Rock The Bells events go on sale this Friday (May 18).
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here