*(Via Yahoo News) – Nelson Mandela will on Tuesday move back to his residence in his childhood village of Qunu, South African President Jacob Zuma said, adding that the elder statesman was in good health.
Mandela has been living at his home in the leafy Johannesburg Houghton suburb while the residence in Qunu, located in the Eastern Cape province, was being refurbished.
“He has indicated his wish to go back to Qunu at this point,” said presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj, quoted by news agency SAPA.
Qunu is the picturesque village in which Mandela grew up. His hilltop house (below), with a round-the-clock police guard, stands out among many nondescript traditional huts dotting the village.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here