Not a big fan of overdone movies, Long is actually excited to maybe be a part of the possible production.
“The story lends itself to a sequel. Not every film should be a sequel but I’m really honored that the audience is asking about it, tweeting about it … But I do have the passion and the desire to explore the opportunity,” she recently told Urban Daily.
The 1997 original features Long as a photographer and Larenz Tate who romances her with his poetry. So she’s got some history with the project.
“Love Jones is my baby,” she said. “It’s what introduced me to the world, though I had done other films before it. It was my first leading role and the story is so beautifully written and shot.”
But will it be the same? Predictably fans are on either side of the fence saying they’d like to see more of their story as a grown couple with a family and kids. Others despise the idea of a sequel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here