Not a big fan of overdone movies, Long is actually excited to maybe be a part of the possible production.
“The story lends itself to a sequel. Not every film should be a sequel but I’m really honored that the audience is asking about it, tweeting about it … But I do have the passion and the desire to explore the opportunity,” she recently told Urban Daily.
The 1997 original features Long as a photographer and Larenz Tate who romances her with his poetry. So she’s got some history with the project.
“Love Jones is my baby,” she said. “It’s what introduced me to the world, though I had done other films before it. It was my first leading role and the story is so beautifully written and shot.”
But will it be the same? Predictably fans are on either side of the fence saying they’d like to see more of their story as a grown couple with a family and kids. Others despise the idea of a sequel.
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here