Not a big fan of overdone movies, Long is actually excited to maybe be a part of the possible production.
“The story lends itself to a sequel. Not every film should be a sequel but I’m really honored that the audience is asking about it, tweeting about it … But I do have the passion and the desire to explore the opportunity,” she recently told Urban Daily.
The 1997 original features Long as a photographer and Larenz Tate who romances her with his poetry. So she’s got some history with the project.
“Love Jones is my baby,” she said. “It’s what introduced me to the world, though I had done other films before it. It was my first leading role and the story is so beautifully written and shot.”
But will it be the same? Predictably fans are on either side of the fence saying they’d like to see more of their story as a grown couple with a family and kids. Others despise the idea of a sequel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here