*Get ready.Here she comes.
Nicole Murphy, the ex-wife of comedian/actorEddie Murphy, will strut down the red carpet in Cannes 2012 International Film Festival where amFar, The foundation for AIDS research is holding its annual charity event.
Above is a sneak preview of Murphy at the fitting of the iconic Marilyn Monroe Dress from “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.”
The fitting took place recently on the set of VH1’s new “Celebrity Exes” reality show of which Nicole is one of the stars.
We are no longer in 1962 and gentlemen no longer prefer blondes so marketing maven Oscar Generale decided to have a beautiful African American Woman wear what once would have been taboo or even a considered a crime. What a difference 50 years later has made
“The dress” being worn by Marilyn Monroe in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”:
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here