*Get ready.Here she comes.
Nicole Murphy, the ex-wife of comedian/actorEddie Murphy, will strut down the red carpet in Cannes 2012 International Film Festival where amFar, The foundation for AIDS research is holding its annual charity event.
Above is a sneak preview of Murphy at the fitting of the iconic Marilyn Monroe Dress from “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.”
The fitting took place recently on the set of VH1’s new “Celebrity Exes” reality show of which Nicole is one of the stars.
We are no longer in 1962 and gentlemen no longer prefer blondes so marketing maven Oscar Generale decided to have a beautiful African American Woman wear what once would have been taboo or even a considered a crime. What a difference 50 years later has made
“The dress” being worn by Marilyn Monroe in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Tracy Morgan Performs First Standup Gig Since Crash
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here