According to a Washington Post-ABC survey, more African Americans now support same-sex marriage.
Some 59 percent of blacks (who took the poll) say they support the president’s stance on gay marriage and believe it should be legalized.
In 2009, only 39 percent of the black American population supported gay marriage.
Another poll released by Public Policy Polling also delivered similar results.
Despite the recently released research, some still believe that African Americans will generally remain traditional on this topic and will not condone gay marriage. And Obama’s “coming out,” critics say, will not dramatically alter black opinions on homosexuality.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here