According to a Washington Post-ABC survey, more African Americans now support same-sex marriage.
Some 59 percent of blacks (who took the poll) say they support the president’s stance on gay marriage and believe it should be legalized.
In 2009, only 39 percent of the black American population supported gay marriage.
Another poll released by Public Policy Polling also delivered similar results.
Despite the recently released research, some still believe that African Americans will generally remain traditional on this topic and will not condone gay marriage. And Obama’s “coming out,” critics say, will not dramatically alter black opinions on homosexuality.
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here