According to a Washington Post-ABC survey, more African Americans now support same-sex marriage.
Some 59 percent of blacks (who took the poll) say they support the president’s stance on gay marriage and believe it should be legalized.
In 2009, only 39 percent of the black American population supported gay marriage.
Another poll released by Public Policy Polling also delivered similar results.
Despite the recently released research, some still believe that African Americans will generally remain traditional on this topic and will not condone gay marriage. And Obama’s “coming out,” critics say, will not dramatically alter black opinions on homosexuality.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here