According to a Washington Post-ABC survey, more African Americans now support same-sex marriage.
Some 59 percent of blacks (who took the poll) say they support the president’s stance on gay marriage and believe it should be legalized.
In 2009, only 39 percent of the black American population supported gay marriage.
Another poll released by Public Policy Polling also delivered similar results.
Despite the recently released research, some still believe that African Americans will generally remain traditional on this topic and will not condone gay marriage. And Obama’s “coming out,” critics say, will not dramatically alter black opinions on homosexuality.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here