According to a Washington Post-ABC survey, more African Americans now support same-sex marriage.
Some 59 percent of blacks (who took the poll) say they support the president’s stance on gay marriage and believe it should be legalized.
In 2009, only 39 percent of the black American population supported gay marriage.
Another poll released by Public Policy Polling also delivered similar results.
Despite the recently released research, some still believe that African Americans will generally remain traditional on this topic and will not condone gay marriage. And Obama’s “coming out,” critics say, will not dramatically alter black opinions on homosexuality.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here