*The Huffington Post Media Group and OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today the launch of an Oprah Winfrey section on Huffingtonpost.com beginning August 2012.
The special section will feature content created and curated by writers and producers from OWN and Oprah.com specifically for The Huffington Post. Additionally, the section will call upon The Huffington Post’s vast network of bloggers and community to have a conversation around Oprah.com content.
The announcement was made today by Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, and Erik Logan and Sheri Salata, presidents, OWN.
“We are thrilled to partner with Oprah Winfrey and OWN,” said Huffington. “Oprah was about engagement and authenticity long before engagement and authenticity ruled the web. And since those qualities are deeply embedded in the DNA of both OWN and HuffPost, I’m delighted that we’ll be working together to enlarge the conversation on living our best lives, as Oprah puts it, just as we launch our GPS for the Soul app.”
“This partnership is a great example of our innovative digital efforts to provide unique ways to engage with our viewers using online and social media platforms, said Logan. Added Salata, “The special Oprah-branded experience will reach millions of passionate Huffington Post readers in addition to the loyal followers of Oprah.com.”
The Huffington Post Oprah section will contain a mix of articles, blogs and interactive content that will connect with the audience on an emotional and spiritual level. The site will provide practical advice and resources encouraging people to discover their best selves and to lead happy, fulfilling lives by taking steps to attain their goals. Topics covered will include personal growth, spirituality and aspects of physical and mental health.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here