Jenkins, the senior pastor of the legendary Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, is a dynamic, inspirational and visionary religious and community leader. Since taking the helm at Fellowship as senior pastor almost twelve years ago, at age 24, succeeding the Rev. Clay Evans, Jenkins has more than quadrupled weekend attendance at services (now over 8,000 members), and created a variety of life changing programs and services for children, youth, and adults within the church and in the community.
Sticking with the tradition, Jenkins continues to develop the music history of Fellowship, which released 25 albums under the leadership of Jenkins’ predecessor, Reverend Clay Evans.
“We are excited about our [Inspired People] new partnership with EMI,” said Pastor Jenkins. “The new deal will allow us to expand our global message, and spread the word of God through multiple media platforms. Inspired People’s mission is music with a movement for God and for good.”
Jenkins’ new praise and worship anthem, “Awesome” is #11 this week on Billboard‘s Hot Gospel Songs chart.
“The Best of Both Worlds” has brought him back to the music. He now sees his music and songwriting as a gift worth sharing. Jenkins, who is deaf in one ear, says, “Whenever I write a song I hear everything-lyrics, melody, chord progressions, instrumentation-everything. It rushes down on me and I have to sing it over and over again to keep it in my head.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here