Jenkins, the senior pastor of the legendary Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church, is a dynamic, inspirational and visionary religious and community leader. Since taking the helm at Fellowship as senior pastor almost twelve years ago, at age 24, succeeding the Rev. Clay Evans, Jenkins has more than quadrupled weekend attendance at services (now over 8,000 members), and created a variety of life changing programs and services for children, youth, and adults within the church and in the community.
Sticking with the tradition, Jenkins continues to develop the music history of Fellowship, which released 25 albums under the leadership of Jenkins’ predecessor, Reverend Clay Evans.
“We are excited about our [Inspired People] new partnership with EMI,” said Pastor Jenkins. “The new deal will allow us to expand our global message, and spread the word of God through multiple media platforms. Inspired People’s mission is music with a movement for God and for good.”
Jenkins’ new praise and worship anthem, “Awesome” is #11 this week on Billboard‘s Hot Gospel Songs chart.
“The Best of Both Worlds” has brought him back to the music. He now sees his music and songwriting as a gift worth sharing. Jenkins, who is deaf in one ear, says, “Whenever I write a song I hear everything-lyrics, melody, chord progressions, instrumentation-everything. It rushes down on me and I have to sing it over and over again to keep it in my head.”
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here