*Paula Patton will star in the new Fox Searchlight feature “Baggage Claim,” a comedy that David Talbert has adapted and will direct from his bestselling 2003 novel, reports Deadline.com.
Patton will play flight attendant Montana Moore, who at 35 is the oldest woman in her family not married. With her sister tying the knot, Montana and her fellow flight attendants become determined to put a claim check on a husband in 30 days or 30,000 miles.
The film will shoot in September and it will be Talbert’s second time behind the camera. He wrote and directed “First Sunday” for Screen Gems, which was based on his play.
According to Deadline, Talbert “is an underrated resource at a time when urban-themed films are in high demand after the success of ‘Think Like A Man.’ Like Tyler Perry, Talbert developed a following in the black community by writing and touring his plays, the most recent of which was ‘What My Husband Doesn’t Know,’ which played in 40 cities.”
Patton last’s big screen work was “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.” She’ll next star opposite Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns” for Emmett/Furla Films and Universal, and “Disconnect” for LD Entertainment.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here