*Paula Patton will star in the new Fox Searchlight feature “Baggage Claim,” a comedy that David Talbert has adapted and will direct from his bestselling 2003 novel, reports Deadline.com.
Patton will play flight attendant Montana Moore, who at 35 is the oldest woman in her family not married. With her sister tying the knot, Montana and her fellow flight attendants become determined to put a claim check on a husband in 30 days or 30,000 miles.
The film will shoot in September and it will be Talbert’s second time behind the camera. He wrote and directed “First Sunday” for Screen Gems, which was based on his play.
According to Deadline, Talbert “is an underrated resource at a time when urban-themed films are in high demand after the success of ‘Think Like A Man.’ Like Tyler Perry, Talbert developed a following in the black community by writing and touring his plays, the most recent of which was ‘What My Husband Doesn’t Know,’ which played in 40 cities.”
Patton last’s big screen work was “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.” She’ll next star opposite Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg in “2 Guns” for Emmett/Furla Films and Universal, and “Disconnect” for LD Entertainment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here