*Pepsi is resurrecting Michael Jackson as a face of the brand after striking a marketing deal with the late singer’s estate.
The New York based promotions company The Purchase announced today that it will use the King of Pop’s image for a new global marketing push, reports the New York Daily News. Special edition cans of the soda will be adorned with classic images of Jackson and will contain links to special remixes of some of his famous songs.
In China, Pepsi consumers will also see a TV ad featuring some of Jackson’s music and will get the chance to win tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson-themed show, as well as leather jackets inspired by his trademark style.
Pepsi, who first partnered with Jackson in 1983, taps the late singer as part of its new “Live Now” campaign, which also includes Nicki Minaj and the online streaming of concerts.
While filming an ad for the company in 1984, Jackson’s hair famously caught fire and severely burned his scalp. It is thought that the accident may have been the source of his addiction to painkillers. He was awarded around $1.5 million in compensation by the global soft drinks and snacks brand.
View 7 of Michael Jackson’s Pepsi ads below.
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here