*Pepsi is resurrecting Michael Jackson as a face of the brand after striking a marketing deal with the late singer’s estate.
The New York based promotions company The Purchase announced today that it will use the King of Pop’s image for a new global marketing push, reports the New York Daily News. Special edition cans of the soda will be adorned with classic images of Jackson and will contain links to special remixes of some of his famous songs.
In China, Pepsi consumers will also see a TV ad featuring some of Jackson’s music and will get the chance to win tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson-themed show, as well as leather jackets inspired by his trademark style.
Pepsi, who first partnered with Jackson in 1983, taps the late singer as part of its new “Live Now” campaign, which also includes Nicki Minaj and the online streaming of concerts.
While filming an ad for the company in 1984, Jackson’s hair famously caught fire and severely burned his scalp. It is thought that the accident may have been the source of his addiction to painkillers. He was awarded around $1.5 million in compensation by the global soft drinks and snacks brand.
View 7 of Michael Jackson’s Pepsi ads below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here