*Pepsi is resurrecting Michael Jackson as a face of the brand after striking a marketing deal with the late singer’s estate.
The New York based promotions company The Purchase announced today that it will use the King of Pop’s image for a new global marketing push, reports the New York Daily News. Special edition cans of the soda will be adorned with classic images of Jackson and will contain links to special remixes of some of his famous songs.
In China, Pepsi consumers will also see a TV ad featuring some of Jackson’s music and will get the chance to win tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson-themed show, as well as leather jackets inspired by his trademark style.
Pepsi, who first partnered with Jackson in 1983, taps the late singer as part of its new “Live Now” campaign, which also includes Nicki Minaj and the online streaming of concerts.
While filming an ad for the company in 1984, Jackson’s hair famously caught fire and severely burned his scalp. It is thought that the accident may have been the source of his addiction to painkillers. He was awarded around $1.5 million in compensation by the global soft drinks and snacks brand.
View 7 of Michael Jackson’s Pepsi ads below.
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here