*Pepsi is resurrecting Michael Jackson as a face of the brand after striking a marketing deal with the late singer’s estate.
The New York based promotions company The Purchase announced today that it will use the King of Pop’s image for a new global marketing push, reports the New York Daily News. Special edition cans of the soda will be adorned with classic images of Jackson and will contain links to special remixes of some of his famous songs.
In China, Pepsi consumers will also see a TV ad featuring some of Jackson’s music and will get the chance to win tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson-themed show, as well as leather jackets inspired by his trademark style.
Pepsi, who first partnered with Jackson in 1983, taps the late singer as part of its new “Live Now” campaign, which also includes Nicki Minaj and the online streaming of concerts.
While filming an ad for the company in 1984, Jackson’s hair famously caught fire and severely burned his scalp. It is thought that the accident may have been the source of his addiction to painkillers. He was awarded around $1.5 million in compensation by the global soft drinks and snacks brand.
View 7 of Michael Jackson’s Pepsi ads below.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here