*Pepsi is resurrecting Michael Jackson as a face of the brand after striking a marketing deal with the late singer’s estate.
The New York based promotions company The Purchase announced today that it will use the King of Pop’s image for a new global marketing push, reports the New York Daily News. Special edition cans of the soda will be adorned with classic images of Jackson and will contain links to special remixes of some of his famous songs.
In China, Pepsi consumers will also see a TV ad featuring some of Jackson’s music and will get the chance to win tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson-themed show, as well as leather jackets inspired by his trademark style.
Pepsi, who first partnered with Jackson in 1983, taps the late singer as part of its new “Live Now” campaign, which also includes Nicki Minaj and the online streaming of concerts.
While filming an ad for the company in 1984, Jackson’s hair famously caught fire and severely burned his scalp. It is thought that the accident may have been the source of his addiction to painkillers. He was awarded around $1.5 million in compensation by the global soft drinks and snacks brand.
View 7 of Michael Jackson’s Pepsi ads below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here