The picture which shows 4 teenage girls showing off their bellies on Facebook, has commenters egging on the girls wondering who will give birth first as if it’s some sort of competition.
We have seen examples of this on Facebook before but this time it caught the eye of Dr. Boyce Watkins who has concerns about these young women.
Check out this excerpt:
1) (I hope that) All of these women are fully equipped to provide for their kids without depending on help from the state or living off of relatives until they are deep in their twenties: I know two young women who each had four babies, in four years, with six different daddies, with nearly all of the fathers being uneducated, unemployed and having criminal records. They live with their mothers, with no plans on getting out (in too many cases, grandmas are first in line to volunteer to be surrogate parents). It only took three years for their kids to start asking why they don’t have a daddy. I really hate saying this, but statistics predict that children in these circumstances don’t have much of a future (there are exceptions, of course, but the exception is not the same as the rule). It’s hard to argue that you love your children when you bring them into these kinds of circumstances. It actually says that your selfish desire to create the ultimate accessory overrides any concern you have for your offspring.
2) (I hope that) None of these young women has been impacted by the out-of-control rates of HIV, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, HPV, Herpes and Hepatitis that are plaguing the black community due to there being so much unprotected sex: Odds say that if you have unprotected sex with at least a couple of people who also “get around,” you are surely going to be infected with something. Also, quite a few infected people never go to the doctor and only find out about their infections after they have festered and begun to kill them (this is usually after the person has infected quite a few others along the way). Unfortunately, with the way things are going, a lot of young parents will be dead before their children reach the third grade.
Read more at NewsOne’
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here