*Jennifer Lopez, just named by Forbes magazine today as the most powerful celebrity, is reportedly ready to call it quits at “American Idol.”
E! News’s Marc Malkin is citing sources who say she will not return for a third run as judge.
“She’s just too busy,” one source said.
She’s currently preparing for a mega tour with Enrique Iglesias that launches this summer in Latin America and the U.S., with plans to go worldwide in the fall.
Lopez will reportedly be on the road, at the very least, through the end of the year. The next round of “Idol” auditions are scheduled to begin while she’s overseas.
J.Lo also wants to take some time off next year to be with her twins. reports E!
During interviews for her new film “What to Expect When You’re Expecting,” she explained how tough it is to balance her busy schedule with motherhood.
According to E!, Fox wouldn’t comment on Lopez’s future with the show. Meanwhile, a source close to the production tells E! News that “Fox does not want to let her go. They love her.”
Lopez has been on Idol for two seasons with one-year contracts for both.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here