The couple married in 1980 after a long courtship, but Richardson admits their relationship hasn’t always been smooth. She said sometimes she’d call the actor while he was filming on location to see if he missed her, only for him to say, “No.”
“I felt abandoned. It was easier in the earlier years when we sometimes acted together onstage,” she said.
Even though Richardson says the secret to their longevity is “amnesia,” the 62-year-old insists their bond has greatly improved over time.
“He’s changing,” she said. “The other day I cut my hand and he took me to the hospital. Years ago, I’d have to go by myself.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here