The couple married in 1980 after a long courtship, but Richardson admits their relationship hasn’t always been smooth. She said sometimes she’d call the actor while he was filming on location to see if he missed her, only for him to say, “No.”
“I felt abandoned. It was easier in the earlier years when we sometimes acted together onstage,” she said.
Even though Richardson says the secret to their longevity is “amnesia,” the 62-year-old insists their bond has greatly improved over time.
“He’s changing,” she said. “The other day I cut my hand and he took me to the hospital. Years ago, I’d have to go by myself.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here