*Known for his relentless pursuit to hold the media accountable, Tavis Smiley appeared on the “O’Reilly Factory” Thursday and called out Fox News for the network’s slow coverage of Trayvon Martin.
Bill O’Reilly and the PBS talk show host discussed the various current events including the recent assault of two white journalists in Virginia.
O’Reilly insisted the attack was a bias crime against white people and it should be viewed and treated as such. He also disputed that a crime against a black person would be covered the same in the media if the tables were turned.
However, Smiley stuck to his guns and insisted that wasn’t necessarily the truth.
“I don’t know that,” Smiley contradicted. “You don’t think that they would cover that story?” O’Reilly asked incredulously.
Smiley argued that “it took weeks for” the mainstream media to cover the Trayvon Martin case even though black Americans were discussing it “every day.” He added that it took forty-six days for Martin’s shooter George Zimmermann to get charged.
“The mainstream media including Fox News and my friend Bill O’Reilly didn’t jump on the story as fast as others did,” he alleged.
The host of the show then rebutted that his team covered the story as soon as they received notice.
Smiley continued to highlight the apparent lack of coverage in the media on minority issues and crimes against blacks.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here