*Known for his relentless pursuit to hold the media accountable, Tavis Smiley appeared on the “O’Reilly Factory” Thursday and called out Fox News for the network’s slow coverage of Trayvon Martin.
Bill O’Reilly and the PBS talk show host discussed the various current events including the recent assault of two white journalists in Virginia.
O’Reilly insisted the attack was a bias crime against white people and it should be viewed and treated as such. He also disputed that a crime against a black person would be covered the same in the media if the tables were turned.
However, Smiley stuck to his guns and insisted that wasn’t necessarily the truth.
“I don’t know that,” Smiley contradicted. “You don’t think that they would cover that story?” O’Reilly asked incredulously.
Smiley argued that “it took weeks for” the mainstream media to cover the Trayvon Martin case even though black Americans were discussing it “every day.” He added that it took forty-six days for Martin’s shooter George Zimmermann to get charged.
“The mainstream media including Fox News and my friend Bill O’Reilly didn’t jump on the story as fast as others did,” he alleged.
The host of the show then rebutted that his team covered the story as soon as they received notice.
Smiley continued to highlight the apparent lack of coverage in the media on minority issues and crimes against blacks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here