Past episodes have highlighted singers like Teddy Pendergrass, Teena Marie, Phyllis Hyman and plenty of others. The network attempted to cover the story of singer Stephanie Mills recently but was totally rejected.
The singer came forward to talk about why she refused the gig.
“I don’t like that show,” the Grammy Award winner revealed in a recent interview with The Huffington Post. “They have approached me quite a few times, but I [won’t] do that show.”
“I’ve always been very private and at 55 I don’t want to open up my life to that,” she continued. “They’ve done Angela Winbush and they even wanted me to say something about her on that show, and I love Angela, we’re sisters. But I had to tell her, ‘I don’t want to do that.’ … I’m not that girl.”
She said her life is her own business and her career is what it was, a career.
“I feel like I’ve had a wonderful career. I’ve done wonderful things and met some many wonderful different people. So I don’t feel like I’m unsung at all.”
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here