Past episodes have highlighted singers like Teddy Pendergrass, Teena Marie, Phyllis Hyman and plenty of others. The network attempted to cover the story of singer Stephanie Mills recently but was totally rejected.
The singer came forward to talk about why she refused the gig.
“I don’t like that show,” the Grammy Award winner revealed in a recent interview with The Huffington Post. “They have approached me quite a few times, but I [won’t] do that show.”
“I’ve always been very private and at 55 I don’t want to open up my life to that,” she continued. “They’ve done Angela Winbush and they even wanted me to say something about her on that show, and I love Angela, we’re sisters. But I had to tell her, ‘I don’t want to do that.’ … I’m not that girl.”
She said her life is her own business and her career is what it was, a career.
“I feel like I’ve had a wonderful career. I’ve done wonderful things and met some many wonderful different people. So I don’t feel like I’m unsung at all.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here