Past episodes have highlighted singers like Teddy Pendergrass, Teena Marie, Phyllis Hyman and plenty of others. The network attempted to cover the story of singer Stephanie Mills recently but was totally rejected.
The singer came forward to talk about why she refused the gig.
“I don’t like that show,” the Grammy Award winner revealed in a recent interview with The Huffington Post. “They have approached me quite a few times, but I [won’t] do that show.”
“I’ve always been very private and at 55 I don’t want to open up my life to that,” she continued. “They’ve done Angela Winbush and they even wanted me to say something about her on that show, and I love Angela, we’re sisters. But I had to tell her, ‘I don’t want to do that.’ … I’m not that girl.”
She said her life is her own business and her career is what it was, a career.
“I feel like I’ve had a wonderful career. I’ve done wonderful things and met some many wonderful different people. So I don’t feel like I’m unsung at all.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here