*NEW YORK, NY – On May 14, 2012 at New York’s Cipriani Wall Street, multi-faceted entertainer Steve Harvey, along with his wife/philanthropist Marjorie Harvey, and CNN’s Soledad O’Brien co-hosted the Screen Gems Presents The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation Gala.
This year’s gala raised over $700,000 to support The Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend for Young Men and the Girls Who Rule the World Mentoring Weekend. In its third year, the gala was a rousing night full of laughs, inspiration and more, including a rare comedic set from the legendary Bill Cosby and a performance from the dynamic Rachelle Ferrell.
A night of laughs, entertainment and a stirring call to action from the Harveys and O’Brien, the evening recognized the honorees for their powerful actions in serving youth and inspiring social change. Says Steve and Marjorie Harvey, “We continue to be inspired by the generosity shown by all the friends and supporters who came out for this amazing night. Anyone has the power to make a difference, and we are so grateful for this support, to continue empowering the futures of young men and women around the world.”
Over 400 friends, family members and supporters on hand including Gayle King (CBS This Morning anchor), Terrence J (host of BET’s 106 & Park), actor Romany Malco, actress/model Selita Ebanks, Hollywood producer Will Packer (Think Like A Man) and more to applaud honorees Richard and Kyle Petty, BET’s Debra Lee, Capital Prep Magnet School Founder Dr. Steve Perry, and Spike and Tonya Lewis Lee, who were all recognized with The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation’s Helping Hand Award.
The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation Gala was sponsored by Screen Gems (Title Sponsor), Essence Magazine (Print Sponsor), with additional support from The Coca-Cola Company, Neiman Marcus, Black Entertainment Television (BET), and Ford Motor Company.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Russell Simmons' All Def Digital Lands New $10M in Financing
- Daniel Craig In Talks to Join Halle Berry in LA Riots Drama ‘Kings’
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here