Things went totally south in a segment on MSNBC that was supposed to be about Mitt Romney and his campaign’s poor handling of the Washington Post story about the candidate’s bullying past.
On Friday’s “News Nation,” host Tamron Hall set it off against Washington Examiner correspondent Tim Carney. The two got into a verbal argument way off topic to the point they began to throw personal blows.
Carney accused the host of laying the “old media trick” of “justifying second-day coverage” by “hyping a story in the first place, then claiming people are talking about it.”
Hall, however pointed to the fact the guest knew what the topic of the show was going to be about and he didn’t have to accept the invitation
When Carney tries to protest, saying something about wanting to “go meta-meta,” she cuts him off with, “Hang on. You’re kind of in my house here,” adding, “You’re not going to come on and insult the network.” Think he’ll be invited back? And if so, will she turn his mic back on?
Interestingly on Sunday, Howard Kurtz, of CNN’s “Reliable Sources,”said it was Hall who was “being insulting” to Carney.
“I’m sorry, it was Tamron Hall who was being insulting by silencing him,” said Kurtz. “Carney was perfectly entitled to say that, in his opinion, the story was being hyped.”
Kurtz concluded by asking rhetorically, “does Hall only want guests who agree with her handling of every story?”
Watch the video(s) below and see if you agree.
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here