*The cable hit show “Mad Men” was hotly criticized for its lack of diversity in the cast.
Viewers complained that the AMC -TV series portrayed an all-white world. So as a result, the producers decided to get on the multicultural bandwagon, by force possibly, and cast Teyonah Parris to play Dawn Chambers, the first black employee at the fictional Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
In a recent interview with the LA Times, the actress shared her thoughts about the character in the storyline and how she got to be the token Black person in the series.
So in the fifth season of the show, “Mad Men” will introduce their first African American cast member. She explains a scene in the coming debut:
“It was a scene with Dawn and her cousin, she met up with him at a diner. And she was talking about her new job at the agency and just how it’s different and hard and even when she sees black people in Midtown, how they kind of can’t even acknowledge one another without feeling awkward about it because they feel like just by talking to one another, white people will feel threatened. It was a pretty amazing scene, actually.”
Click here to read more.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here