*The cable hit show “Mad Men” was hotly criticized for its lack of diversity in the cast.
Viewers complained that the AMC -TV series portrayed an all-white world. So as a result, the producers decided to get on the multicultural bandwagon, by force possibly, and cast Teyonah Parris to play Dawn Chambers, the first black employee at the fictional Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
In a recent interview with the LA Times, the actress shared her thoughts about the character in the storyline and how she got to be the token Black person in the series.
So in the fifth season of the show, “Mad Men” will introduce their first African American cast member. She explains a scene in the coming debut:
“It was a scene with Dawn and her cousin, she met up with him at a diner. And she was talking about her new job at the agency and just how it’s different and hard and even when she sees black people in Midtown, how they kind of can’t even acknowledge one another without feeling awkward about it because they feel like just by talking to one another, white people will feel threatened. It was a pretty amazing scene, actually.”
Click here to read more.
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here