*Nearing its the one-year anniversary of its theatrical release, “The Help” is headed for its TV premiere next month on Showtime.
The best picture nominee, which earned a supporting actress Oscar for Octavia Spencer, will debut June 24 at 10 p.m. ET on the cable channel.
Also starring Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek and Cicely Tyson, “The Help” earned nearly $170 million in the U.S. box office and topped ticket sales for 25 days straight, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the best-selling book of the same name by Kathryn Stockett, “The Help” garnered multiple nominations and wins over the recent award seasons — including nods at the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, NAACP Image Awards and the Screen Actors Guild.
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here