*Nearing its the one-year anniversary of its theatrical release, “The Help” is headed for its TV premiere next month on Showtime.
The best picture nominee, which earned a supporting actress Oscar for Octavia Spencer, will debut June 24 at 10 p.m. ET on the cable channel.
Also starring Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek and Cicely Tyson, “The Help” earned nearly $170 million in the U.S. box office and topped ticket sales for 25 days straight, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the best-selling book of the same name by Kathryn Stockett, “The Help” garnered multiple nominations and wins over the recent award seasons — including nods at the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, NAACP Image Awards and the Screen Actors Guild.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here