*Nearing its the one-year anniversary of its theatrical release, “The Help” is headed for its TV premiere next month on Showtime.
The best picture nominee, which earned a supporting actress Oscar for Octavia Spencer, will debut June 24 at 10 p.m. ET on the cable channel.
Also starring Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek and Cicely Tyson, “The Help” earned nearly $170 million in the U.S. box office and topped ticket sales for 25 days straight, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the best-selling book of the same name by Kathryn Stockett, “The Help” garnered multiple nominations and wins over the recent award seasons — including nods at the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, NAACP Image Awards and the Screen Actors Guild.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here