*Nearing its the one-year anniversary of its theatrical release, “The Help” is headed for its TV premiere next month on Showtime.
The best picture nominee, which earned a supporting actress Oscar for Octavia Spencer, will debut June 24 at 10 p.m. ET on the cable channel.
Also starring Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Sissy Spacek and Cicely Tyson, “The Help” earned nearly $170 million in the U.S. box office and topped ticket sales for 25 days straight, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the best-selling book of the same name by Kathryn Stockett, “The Help” garnered multiple nominations and wins over the recent award seasons — including nods at the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, NAACP Image Awards and the Screen Actors Guild.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here