One Los Angeles Times blogger doesn’t think Tim Story has the pull yet to make that impact.
The director has directed five other studio films, which have all been rightfully successful.
The writer explains that despite the huge amount of money he’s raked in over the years (nearly $1 billion), he hasn’t gained the respect he deserves among his peers.
That’s more money than Antoine Fuqua, Spike Lee, and John Singleton. He’s even worked on both “Fantastic Four” movies, one (if not the only) black director to head a major action, special effects laded film.
Despite his success with major productions, Story doesn’t quite make the cut, says the writer. Race could be a factor, however some of his work hasn’t been the best, partially due to bad acting and bad scripts.
But the writer can’t help but focus on the race factor.
Read/learn more at Shadow and Act.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here