One Los Angeles Times blogger doesn’t think Tim Story has the pull yet to make that impact.
The director has directed five other studio films, which have all been rightfully successful.
The writer explains that despite the huge amount of money he’s raked in over the years (nearly $1 billion), he hasn’t gained the respect he deserves among his peers.
That’s more money than Antoine Fuqua, Spike Lee, and John Singleton. He’s even worked on both “Fantastic Four” movies, one (if not the only) black director to head a major action, special effects laded film.
Despite his success with major productions, Story doesn’t quite make the cut, says the writer. Race could be a factor, however some of his work hasn’t been the best, partially due to bad acting and bad scripts.
But the writer can’t help but focus on the race factor.
Read/learn more at Shadow and Act.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here