One Los Angeles Times blogger doesn’t think Tim Story has the pull yet to make that impact.
The director has directed five other studio films, which have all been rightfully successful.
The writer explains that despite the huge amount of money he’s raked in over the years (nearly $1 billion), he hasn’t gained the respect he deserves among his peers.
That’s more money than Antoine Fuqua, Spike Lee, and John Singleton. He’s even worked on both “Fantastic Four” movies, one (if not the only) black director to head a major action, special effects laded film.
Despite his success with major productions, Story doesn’t quite make the cut, says the writer. Race could be a factor, however some of his work hasn’t been the best, partially due to bad acting and bad scripts.
But the writer can’t help but focus on the race factor.
Read/learn more at Shadow and Act.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here