*The Trayvon Martin case brought light to the “Stand Your Ground” law that seems to have only protected George Zimmerman.
All of the other cases we’ve reported on this matter are all in the favor of the attacked. The newest case was a result of a transgender man defending himself against a racial/homophobic attack that resulted in the death of his attacker.
In Minneapolis, Chrishaun “CeCe” McDonald was walking to the grocery store with friends when she was taunted with racist and homophobic remarks by Dean Schmitz, 47, and two women. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here