*The Trayvon Martin case brought light to the “Stand Your Ground” law that seems to have only protected George Zimmerman.
All of the other cases we’ve reported on this matter are all in the favor of the attacked. The newest case was a result of a transgender man defending himself against a racial/homophobic attack that resulted in the death of his attacker.
In Minneapolis, Chrishaun “CeCe” McDonald was walking to the grocery store with friends when she was taunted with racist and homophobic remarks by Dean Schmitz, 47, and two women. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here