The autopsy report revealed that the 17-year-old teen who was gunned down in Stanford, Fla. by an armed neighborhood watchman in February, had THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, in his blood.
The report was included in the piles of evidence in the case and released by prosecutors.
Other new details in the case include reports of the suspect sustaining minor injuries the night of the fight.
As we reported, photos reveal George Zimmerman had a 1-inch laceration on his head and forehead abrasion, including a bloody nose.
The suspect told police that night that he did not have any other bruises or cuts, but his back hurt.
A huge question lingering in the case is whether or not the shooter was actually injured during the altercation. Zimmerman claims he was defending himself only because Martin, who was unarmed, allegedly attacked him.
Other evidence released by the prosecution includes 911 calls, video and several documents.
The evidence was released to the public Thursday.
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here