*The story of psychedelic soul band Sly and the Family Stone kicks off a new 8-episode season of TV One’s “Unsung,” the NAACP Image Award-winning series celebrating the lives and careers of successful artists or groups who, despite great talent, have not received the level of recognition they deserve or whose stories have never been told.
Also set for this summer are episodes on R&B songstress Angela Bofill, rap collective Arrested Development, the late Gerald Levert and 70s band Con Funk Shun.
TV One Executive Vice President of Original Programming and Production Toni Judkins states: “While we have now produced several dozen episodes of Unsung, it t is remarkable that we have no shortage of incredibly talented candidates for new episodes – and our audience continues to want more. The winter 2012 season of Unsung was our highest-rated, most-watched season ever, and we look forward to celebrating with our viewers more amazing stories of great talent this summer and helping to paint that richer portrait of black music in America.”
Rounding out “Unsung’s” summer slate are rapper Kool Moe Dee, soul icon Lou Rawls and Motown group The Marvelettes.
View the schedule below:
Sly & the Family Stone (June 25)
Angela Bofill (July 2)
Con Funk Shun (July 9)
Kool Moe Dee (July 16)
The Marvelettes (July 23)
Gerald Levert (July 30)
Arrested Development (Aug. 13)
Lou Rawls (Aug. 20)
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here