*Usher is gearing up to play legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in an upcoming biopic about his one-time challenger, Roberto Duran.
Filming is set to begin later this year “Hands of Stone,” in reference to the Panamanian fighter’s nickname. In preparation for the role, Usher told the BBC: “If you guys see me running around London, that’s what it is.”
Duran and Leonard fought two legendary fights in 1980. Duran won the first match, earning the World Boxing Council’s Welterweight title in a split decision.
Leonard reclaimed his title easily in a rematch later that year. Duran quit in the eighth round of that fight, famously telling the referee “no mas.”
Leonard, a world champion in five different weight classes and is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, retired in 1997.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here