*Usher is gearing up to play legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in an upcoming biopic about his one-time challenger, Roberto Duran.
Filming is set to begin later this year “Hands of Stone,” in reference to the Panamanian fighter’s nickname. In preparation for the role, Usher told the BBC: “If you guys see me running around London, that’s what it is.”
Duran and Leonard fought two legendary fights in 1980. Duran won the first match, earning the World Boxing Council’s Welterweight title in a split decision.
Leonard reclaimed his title easily in a rematch later that year. Duran quit in the eighth round of that fight, famously telling the referee “no mas.”
Leonard, a world champion in five different weight classes and is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, retired in 1997.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here