*Usher is gearing up to play legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in an upcoming biopic about his one-time challenger, Roberto Duran.
Filming is set to begin later this year “Hands of Stone,” in reference to the Panamanian fighter’s nickname. In preparation for the role, Usher told the BBC: “If you guys see me running around London, that’s what it is.”
Duran and Leonard fought two legendary fights in 1980. Duran won the first match, earning the World Boxing Council’s Welterweight title in a split decision.
Leonard reclaimed his title easily in a rematch later that year. Duran quit in the eighth round of that fight, famously telling the referee “no mas.”
Leonard, a world champion in five different weight classes and is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, retired in 1997.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here