*Usher is gearing up to play legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in an upcoming biopic about his one-time challenger, Roberto Duran.
Filming is set to begin later this year “Hands of Stone,” in reference to the Panamanian fighter’s nickname. In preparation for the role, Usher told the BBC: “If you guys see me running around London, that’s what it is.”
Duran and Leonard fought two legendary fights in 1980. Duran won the first match, earning the World Boxing Council’s Welterweight title in a split decision.
Leonard reclaimed his title easily in a rematch later that year. Duran quit in the eighth round of that fight, famously telling the referee “no mas.”
Leonard, a world champion in five different weight classes and is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, retired in 1997.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here