*Usher is gearing up to play legendary boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in an upcoming biopic about his one-time challenger, Roberto Duran.
Filming is set to begin later this year “Hands of Stone,” in reference to the Panamanian fighter’s nickname. In preparation for the role, Usher told the BBC: “If you guys see me running around London, that’s what it is.”
Duran and Leonard fought two legendary fights in 1980. Duran won the first match, earning the World Boxing Council’s Welterweight title in a split decision.
Leonard reclaimed his title easily in a rematch later that year. Duran quit in the eighth round of that fight, famously telling the referee “no mas.”
Leonard, a world champion in five different weight classes and is in the International Boxing Hall of Fame, retired in 1997.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here