*(LOS ANGELES) – This year commemorates Wendy Raquel Robinson’s Amazing Grace Conservatory 15th Year Anniversary, working with youth ages 5-18 to create a stronger and more vibrant community for youth where they can freely express themselves through acting, dance and voice. The mission of Amazing Grace Conservatory is to train and develop emerging artists and at-risk youth in the performing arts by offering a well-rounded and culturally enriching, educational program in an environment that is nurturing for their personal, artistic and professional growth.
“This is a very special year for us, says Wendy Raquel Robinson, Co-Founder of Amazing Grace Conservatory. “We are celebrating fifteen years of enhancing our community as well as the youth in Los Angeles, by providing a home away from home! I am so excited about the overwhelming support from the community and friends in the entertainment industry throughout the years it truly has taken a village. From the beginning, our mission has been to create a memorable theatrical experience that our children, friends and family will cherish for a lifetime.”
Wicked takes you on a journey back to the Land of Oz long before Dorothy drops in, when two other girls meet up and develop a unique relationship. One is born with emerald-green skin, smart, fiery and misunderstood and the other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. Wicked tells the story of their remarkable journey, and how these two unlikely friends grow to become the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch.
Declared the best musical of the decade, Amazing Grace Conservatory proudly presents their 15-Year anniversary production of Wicked at the Nate Holden Performing Arts Center in Los Angeles. Amazing Grace Conservatory’s Wicked, based on the novel by Gregory McGuire, book by Winnie Holzman will include both original and AGC-inspired musical selections including ‘BUZZING’ by recording artist and AGC Alum, Mann.
Over the years, AGC has developed a reputation of producing confident and creative young people who have completed graduate studies at Yale, Tisch, Howard and Julliard just to name a few. Additionally, many others are doing off Broadway productions, as well as television and film projects.
Wicked opens Saturday May 19, 2012 and will run Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 7:30 PM and Sundays,
May 20 & 27 at 6:00 pm at Nate Holden Performing Arts Center, 4718 Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90016.
Under the direction of critically acclaimed NAACP AWARD WINNER, Denise Dowse (“Criminal Minds,” “Ray,”) and executive produced by NAACP Wendy Raquel Robinson (“BETs The Game,”), AGC has successfully produced such stellar productions as, “Dreamgirls,” “West Side Story” “Guys & Girls,” “Oliver With A Twist,” “Annie” and “Sarafina,” just to name a few.
Tickets are $20.00 in advance and $25.00 at the door. For more information, please call 323-732-4283. Ample parking is located nearby. Visit us at www.amazinggraceconservatory.org for more information.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here