According to Matt Fiddes, the couple met back in 1991, six years after she ended her year-long relationship with Jermaine.
“They met because they were two of the biggest recording artists on the planet and mixing in the same circles. They instantly connected as kindred spirits, because they understood each other’s massive fame,” said Fiddes.
He added that although she had a love affair with his brother, Michael still pursued her.
“He was furious when he heard she had also slept with Jermaine but this didn’t stop him [from] holding a candle for her his whole life,” said Fiddes.
They were supposedly so in love that Whitney nearly moved in with her man at the time. But their relationship only lasted two weeks.
However, even in that short amount of time, Michael allegedly considered proposing to her.
Read the full interview here.
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here