*“Men in Black” isn’t the only Will Smith franchise in town.
Fans of his two “Bad Boys” films have been waiting patiently for him to reteam with Martin Lawrence for a third effort – and first since 2003’s “Bad Boys II.”
“I love making those movies – it’s Miami, you know, the tight t-shirt and fast cars,” says Smith. But the lure of the Sunshine State alone isn’t enough to make the actor sign on for a third installment so easily.
“At this point in my career, the material has to be right,” he told us during interviews for Men in Black 3. “Just because it’s a popcorn movie doesn’t mean you don’t have something to say. To me, that’s hugely important.”
Smith said doing another “Bad Boys” film would also require lots of physical activity – and he’s no spring chicken.
“I’m 43 and I’m looking at probably seven more years where I can run and jump a little bit, and then I’m going butt-and-gut for the rest of my career. Butt and gut!” he said.
As for his planned remake of the 1974 Bill Cosby/Sidney Poitier film “Uptown Saturday Night” – which would star Smith alongside Denzel Washington – the former Fresh Prince says “We’re working on it, trying to get it together.”
Below, Smith talks about his first conversation with Denzel regarding the remake, why the Oscar winner had initial concerns about the idea, and — of course — who would play Cosby’s role and who would play Poitier’s.
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here