*“Men in Black” isn’t the only Will Smith franchise in town.
Fans of his two “Bad Boys” films have been waiting patiently for him to reteam with Martin Lawrence for a third effort – and first since 2003’s “Bad Boys II.”
“I love making those movies – it’s Miami, you know, the tight t-shirt and fast cars,” says Smith. But the lure of the Sunshine State alone isn’t enough to make the actor sign on for a third installment so easily.
“At this point in my career, the material has to be right,” he told us during interviews for Men in Black 3. “Just because it’s a popcorn movie doesn’t mean you don’t have something to say. To me, that’s hugely important.”
Smith said doing another “Bad Boys” film would also require lots of physical activity – and he’s no spring chicken.
“I’m 43 and I’m looking at probably seven more years where I can run and jump a little bit, and then I’m going butt-and-gut for the rest of my career. Butt and gut!” he said.
As for his planned remake of the 1974 Bill Cosby/Sidney Poitier film “Uptown Saturday Night” – which would star Smith alongside Denzel Washington – the former Fresh Prince says “We’re working on it, trying to get it together.”
Below, Smith talks about his first conversation with Denzel regarding the remake, why the Oscar winner had initial concerns about the idea, and — of course — who would play Cosby’s role and who would play Poitier’s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- John Legend Presents the Debut Trailer from 'Southside With You'
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Beyonce: Jay Z Cheated ... But This Timeline Reveals the Truth
- Michelle Obama Encourages HS Students to Embrace Help in College
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here