*William Balfour, 30, is expected to spend the rest of his life in prison after being found guilty on all counts in the killing of Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew.
Balfour was found guilty of three counts of first degree murder and one count each of home invasion, residential burglary, possession of stolen vehicle and aggravated kidnapping.
Balfour, 30, was accused of killing the three in a jealous rage, believing that his estranged wife, Julia Hudson, Jennifer Hudson’s sister, was dating another man.
Prosecutors alleged that Balfour fatally shot Hudson’s mother Darnell Donerson, 57, in her living room, and then shot Hudson’s brother Jason Hudson, 29, as he lay in bed. He then kidnapped Hudson’s nephew Julian King, who was 7. Investigators believe the boy was shot in the head as he lay behind the front seat of an SUV.
The jury took 18 hours of deliberations over three days to reach its verdict. Jennifer Hudson, her fiance and her sister, Julia Hudson, entered the courtroom shortly before the verdict was to be read.
The announcement of the verdict came shortly after the jury told Judge Charles Burns that it was split but, according to The Associated Press, told him in a note, “We are trying.” Burns ordered a resumption of deliberations in hopes of the jury reaching an agreement.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here