*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here