*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here