*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here