*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here