*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here