*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here