*Alicia Keys and renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz were honored for their “artistic vision and passion” by the Gordon Parks Foundation, a non-profit group set up to preserve the work of the pioneering photographer and “Shaft” director, who died in 2006
The pair, along with HBO executive Richard Plepler, were feted Tuesday at the foundation’s charity gala in New York.
Keys was unable to attend, but delivered her acceptance speech via video link. Her mentor Clive Davis picked up the prize on her behalf.
Guests at the benefit included fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld, actress Sarah Jessica Parker, singers John Legend and Josh Groban, rap mogul Russell Simmons and designer Tom Ford.
The event, which also featured an auction, raised $600,000 for the foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here