The singer debuted her first single, “New Day,” an inspirational tune from her fifth album. (Scroll down to hear it.)
The track features familiar sounds from producer and husband, Swizz Beatz.
Like EURweb on Facebook
In a recent video to her fans, Keys explained the new music is basically a take on the new chapter of her life.
“I’ve come to this place that the album is about to be ready and I feel just so crazy excited,” the chanteuse said in a recent video she shot for her fans. “It’s like I’m a different person. I’m a new person. Everything is new.”
On the album, expect the fresh sounds of Scottish sweetheart, Emeli Sande, who praises Keys for her new work.
“It was just such a natural process for us to work and nothing felt forced,” she told The Boom Box. “I think the songs are testament to that, in that the songs really sound… I don’t know how to put it. You’ll just have to see. I mean it sounds great.”
The fifth album is currently untitled.
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here