*President Obama is pretty tight with the Hollywood crowd, but even he has no authority to go around firing the town’s police officers on request – which is what actress Amanda Bynes seems to believe.
The former Nickelodeon star was charged on Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in relation to her April 6 arrest, in which she was accused of sideswiping a police car while attempting to make a right hand turn. The arrest occurred at 3 a.m. in West Hollywood and Bynes allegedly refused to take a Breathalyzer or drug test at the scene of the accident.
Immediately following her hearing, Bynes took to Twitter to enlist the help of the president of the United States.
“I don’t drink,” the 26-year-old wrote in a tweet addressed to @BarackObama. “Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
The April 6 incident is one of many driving-related woes the starlet has faced as of late, according to The Hollywood Reporter. In recent weeks, Bynes has been spotted backing over a curb while texting, holding up traffic while attempting a three-pointed U-turn and sideswiping another vehicle.
Bynes is scheduled to appear in front of Beverly Hills Superior Court Judge Elden Fox, who presided over most of Lindsay Lohan’s highly publicized DUI case.
Bynes was the star of Nickelodeon’s “All That” and “The Amanda Show.” She went on to star in multiple teen-friendly films, including “Hairspray” and “She’s the Man.”
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here