*President Obama is pretty tight with the Hollywood crowd, but even he has no authority to go around firing the town’s police officers on request – which is what actress Amanda Bynes seems to believe.
The former Nickelodeon star was charged on Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in relation to her April 6 arrest, in which she was accused of sideswiping a police car while attempting to make a right hand turn. The arrest occurred at 3 a.m. in West Hollywood and Bynes allegedly refused to take a Breathalyzer or drug test at the scene of the accident.
Immediately following her hearing, Bynes took to Twitter to enlist the help of the president of the United States.
“I don’t drink,” the 26-year-old wrote in a tweet addressed to @BarackObama. “Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
The April 6 incident is one of many driving-related woes the starlet has faced as of late, according to The Hollywood Reporter. In recent weeks, Bynes has been spotted backing over a curb while texting, holding up traffic while attempting a three-pointed U-turn and sideswiping another vehicle.
Bynes is scheduled to appear in front of Beverly Hills Superior Court Judge Elden Fox, who presided over most of Lindsay Lohan’s highly publicized DUI case.
Bynes was the star of Nickelodeon’s “All That” and “The Amanda Show.” She went on to star in multiple teen-friendly films, including “Hairspray” and “She’s the Man.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here