*President Obama is pretty tight with the Hollywood crowd, but even he has no authority to go around firing the town’s police officers on request – which is what actress Amanda Bynes seems to believe.
The former Nickelodeon star was charged on Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in relation to her April 6 arrest, in which she was accused of sideswiping a police car while attempting to make a right hand turn. The arrest occurred at 3 a.m. in West Hollywood and Bynes allegedly refused to take a Breathalyzer or drug test at the scene of the accident.
Immediately following her hearing, Bynes took to Twitter to enlist the help of the president of the United States.
“I don’t drink,” the 26-year-old wrote in a tweet addressed to @BarackObama. “Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
The April 6 incident is one of many driving-related woes the starlet has faced as of late, according to The Hollywood Reporter. In recent weeks, Bynes has been spotted backing over a curb while texting, holding up traffic while attempting a three-pointed U-turn and sideswiping another vehicle.
Bynes is scheduled to appear in front of Beverly Hills Superior Court Judge Elden Fox, who presided over most of Lindsay Lohan’s highly publicized DUI case.
Bynes was the star of Nickelodeon’s “All That” and “The Amanda Show.” She went on to star in multiple teen-friendly films, including “Hairspray” and “She’s the Man.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Lawrence Adjah, Founder of Our Family Dinner, Seeks to Re-Connect Millennials
- Prince Update: He was Scheduled to Meet with Addiction Doctor (Report)
- Beyoncé Announces Investment in Watermelon Sports Drink Co.
- Did You Wake Up to The Voice of 'The Rock'? You Could (Watch)
- 50 Cent Apologizes to Family of Autistic Airport Worker
- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder wants Pres. Obama to Drink Flint Water
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here