*President Obama is pretty tight with the Hollywood crowd, but even he has no authority to go around firing the town’s police officers on request – which is what actress Amanda Bynes seems to believe.
The former Nickelodeon star was charged on Tuesday with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in relation to her April 6 arrest, in which she was accused of sideswiping a police car while attempting to make a right hand turn. The arrest occurred at 3 a.m. in West Hollywood and Bynes allegedly refused to take a Breathalyzer or drug test at the scene of the accident.
Immediately following her hearing, Bynes took to Twitter to enlist the help of the president of the United States.
“I don’t drink,” the 26-year-old wrote in a tweet addressed to @BarackObama. “Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don’t hit and run. The end.”
The April 6 incident is one of many driving-related woes the starlet has faced as of late, according to The Hollywood Reporter. In recent weeks, Bynes has been spotted backing over a curb while texting, holding up traffic while attempting a three-pointed U-turn and sideswiping another vehicle.
Bynes is scheduled to appear in front of Beverly Hills Superior Court Judge Elden Fox, who presided over most of Lindsay Lohan’s highly publicized DUI case.
Bynes was the star of Nickelodeon’s “All That” and “The Amanda Show.” She went on to star in multiple teen-friendly films, including “Hairspray” and “She’s the Man.”
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here