According to People magazine, his proposal to Alexis Welch took place overlooking the Eiffel Tower lights outside of their penthouse at Le Meurice Hotel Belle Etoile Royal Suite at 11 p.m. local time. He surprised her with a dinner after they spent the day taking a private historical tour of Paris that included stops at the Louvre and other landmarks.
“I have been planning my proposal for a while and overlooking the entire Paris skyline seemed like a perfect place. I am so happy she said ‘yes,’ and now we can continue to build our life together as husband and wife,” Stoudemire told People from Paris.
Amar’e presented Alexis, whom he met in 2002, with an 8.5-carat radiant-cut ring that he designed with celebrity jeweler Shayan Afshar.
The newly engaged couple was on a reported break in 2011 when Amar’e had a brief fling with Ciara. But not long after the singer confirmed the relationship in an interview in May of that year, it became clear that things between them had cooled down when the duo began being photographed on red carpets without the other.
By June, the athlete was photographed on the red carpet at the ESPY Awards with Alexis back on his arm.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here