*All eyes are on soon-to-be basketball wife, Alexis Welch, who will be tying the knot with NY Knick Amar’e Stoudemire.
Although the couple already has a family (three kids), and have been together for at least 10 years, Welch is finally letting people in on who she is.
The pair met when they were both 19 years old, right after he was drafted to the Phoenix Suns. Alexis was a star athlete who was just excited to meet a man who was much taller than her 5’10: stature in heels.
They met in a private room, where underage folks were forced to hang, at a Nelly party in Phoenix, where Alexis was living at the time.
“He was wearing a Kansas City Chiefs Joe Montana jersey,” says Welch. “I’m originally from there, so we started talking about Montana when he played there. I’ve always liked guys who were taller than me when I wear heels.”
After leaving Arizona, the two kept their relationship going with home cooked meals and lots of fun.
Now they’re engaged and ready to jump the broom.
About the proposal, Alexis said it was super romantic, under the stars in France. It started off as a trip filled with cognac tasting and a visit to Paris, where they stayed at Le Meurice Hotel Belle Etoile and stopped in at a Kanye Jay-Z concert.
On the last night in Paris, she described the proposal:
“We went back [to the room], and there were rose petals leading to a balcony with a 365-degree view of Paris. We walked out to the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower.
“He had an acoustic-guitar player. He had a saxophonist. This is another side of Amar’e that people don’t get to see. I’m just getting teary-eyed talking about it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here