*All eyes are on soon-to-be basketball wife, Alexis Welch, who will be tying the knot with NY Knick Amar’e Stoudemire.
Although the couple already has a family (three kids), and have been together for at least 10 years, Welch is finally letting people in on who she is.
The pair met when they were both 19 years old, right after he was drafted to the Phoenix Suns. Alexis was a star athlete who was just excited to meet a man who was much taller than her 5’10: stature in heels.
They met in a private room, where underage folks were forced to hang, at a Nelly party in Phoenix, where Alexis was living at the time.
“He was wearing a Kansas City Chiefs Joe Montana jersey,” says Welch. “I’m originally from there, so we started talking about Montana when he played there. I’ve always liked guys who were taller than me when I wear heels.”
After leaving Arizona, the two kept their relationship going with home cooked meals and lots of fun.
Now they’re engaged and ready to jump the broom.
About the proposal, Alexis said it was super romantic, under the stars in France. It started off as a trip filled with cognac tasting and a visit to Paris, where they stayed at Le Meurice Hotel Belle Etoile and stopped in at a Kanye Jay-Z concert.
On the last night in Paris, she described the proposal:
“We went back [to the room], and there were rose petals leading to a balcony with a 365-degree view of Paris. We walked out to the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower.
“He had an acoustic-guitar player. He had a saxophonist. This is another side of Amar’e that people don’t get to see. I’m just getting teary-eyed talking about it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here