*All eyes are on soon-to-be basketball wife, Alexis Welch, who will be tying the knot with NY Knick Amar’e Stoudemire.
Although the couple already has a family (three kids), and have been together for at least 10 years, Welch is finally letting people in on who she is.
The pair met when they were both 19 years old, right after he was drafted to the Phoenix Suns. Alexis was a star athlete who was just excited to meet a man who was much taller than her 5’10: stature in heels.
They met in a private room, where underage folks were forced to hang, at a Nelly party in Phoenix, where Alexis was living at the time.
“He was wearing a Kansas City Chiefs Joe Montana jersey,” says Welch. “I’m originally from there, so we started talking about Montana when he played there. I’ve always liked guys who were taller than me when I wear heels.”
After leaving Arizona, the two kept their relationship going with home cooked meals and lots of fun.
Now they’re engaged and ready to jump the broom.
About the proposal, Alexis said it was super romantic, under the stars in France. It started off as a trip filled with cognac tasting and a visit to Paris, where they stayed at Le Meurice Hotel Belle Etoile and stopped in at a Kanye Jay-Z concert.
On the last night in Paris, she described the proposal:
“We went back [to the room], and there were rose petals leading to a balcony with a 365-degree view of Paris. We walked out to the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower.
“He had an acoustic-guitar player. He had a saxophonist. This is another side of Amar’e that people don’t get to see. I’m just getting teary-eyed talking about it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here