Now that she’s got a new body, the diva said she’s ready to be a judge on any of the popular television competition singing shows.
“I would love to be a judge on one of those shows,” she said.
Other singers like Mary J. Blige, Ne Yo, John Legend and Robin Thicke have been guest judges on “American Idol,” “Duets,” and “The Voice.” But Franklin is curious why producers won’t choose her.
“I don’t understand why singers like myself, Gladys [Knight], Natalie [Cole], and Patti [LaBelle] can’t be judges. We never get a call. I don’t understand it,” she said. “I watch those shows from time to time. Some of the talent is very good. Some of it is fun. And some of it is really wild.”
Is there age discrimination taking place here? Or do producers think the divas are too good for the competition?
Or too intimidating … to either the contestants or to Simon and the other judges?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here