Now that she’s got a new body, the diva said she’s ready to be a judge on any of the popular television competition singing shows.
“I would love to be a judge on one of those shows,” she said.
Other singers like Mary J. Blige, Ne Yo, John Legend and Robin Thicke have been guest judges on “American Idol,” “Duets,” and “The Voice.” But Franklin is curious why producers won’t choose her.
“I don’t understand why singers like myself, Gladys [Knight], Natalie [Cole], and Patti [LaBelle] can’t be judges. We never get a call. I don’t understand it,” she said. “I watch those shows from time to time. Some of the talent is very good. Some of it is fun. And some of it is really wild.”
Is there age discrimination taking place here? Or do producers think the divas are too good for the competition?
Or too intimidating … to either the contestants or to Simon and the other judges?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- DJ Kool Herc Sues HBO’s ‘Vinyl’ for Using His Identity
- Stacii Jae Johnson Writes the Book on Dating Lots of Men
- Former ‘American Idol’ Finalist Rickey Smith Killed in Car Accident
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here