Now that she’s got a new body, the diva said she’s ready to be a judge on any of the popular television competition singing shows.
“I would love to be a judge on one of those shows,” she said.
Other singers like Mary J. Blige, Ne Yo, John Legend and Robin Thicke have been guest judges on “American Idol,” “Duets,” and “The Voice.” But Franklin is curious why producers won’t choose her.
“I don’t understand why singers like myself, Gladys [Knight], Natalie [Cole], and Patti [LaBelle] can’t be judges. We never get a call. I don’t understand it,” she said. “I watch those shows from time to time. Some of the talent is very good. Some of it is fun. And some of it is really wild.”
Is there age discrimination taking place here? Or do producers think the divas are too good for the competition?
Or too intimidating … to either the contestants or to Simon and the other judges?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here