Now that she’s got a new body, the diva said she’s ready to be a judge on any of the popular television competition singing shows.
“I would love to be a judge on one of those shows,” she said.
Other singers like Mary J. Blige, Ne Yo, John Legend and Robin Thicke have been guest judges on “American Idol,” “Duets,” and “The Voice.” But Franklin is curious why producers won’t choose her.
“I don’t understand why singers like myself, Gladys [Knight], Natalie [Cole], and Patti [LaBelle] can’t be judges. We never get a call. I don’t understand it,” she said. “I watch those shows from time to time. Some of the talent is very good. Some of it is fun. And some of it is really wild.”
Is there age discrimination taking place here? Or do producers think the divas are too good for the competition?
Or too intimidating … to either the contestants or to Simon and the other judges?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here