*If you had tickets to specifically see Audra McDonald in Broadway’s “The Gershwin’s Porgy & Bess,” you’re out of luck – at least for the next two weeks.
The actress, who won a Tony Award this month for her role as Bess, is temporarily stepping down from the show while she recovers from inflamed vocal cords. She is due to return July 3.
“No one is more frustrated and disappointed than she is that she will be out of the show through the end of June, but she must adhere to her doctor’s orders,” her rep said in a statement.
At this month’s Tonys, McDonald was named best lead actress in a musical and her show was named best musical revival.
Late Wednesday, a frustrated McDonald said she’s endured cameras and mirrors shoved down her throat and must now be silent. She tweeted: “Want 2 scream but not allowed to speak.”
Watch clips from Broadway’s “Porgy and Bess” below.
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here