*If you had tickets to specifically see Audra McDonald in Broadway’s “The Gershwin’s Porgy & Bess,” you’re out of luck – at least for the next two weeks.
The actress, who won a Tony Award this month for her role as Bess, is temporarily stepping down from the show while she recovers from inflamed vocal cords. She is due to return July 3.
“No one is more frustrated and disappointed than she is that she will be out of the show through the end of June, but she must adhere to her doctor’s orders,” her rep said in a statement.
At this month’s Tonys, McDonald was named best lead actress in a musical and her show was named best musical revival.
Late Wednesday, a frustrated McDonald said she’s endured cameras and mirrors shoved down her throat and must now be silent. She tweeted: “Want 2 scream but not allowed to speak.”
Watch clips from Broadway’s “Porgy and Bess” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here