*If you had tickets to specifically see Audra McDonald in Broadway’s “The Gershwin’s Porgy & Bess,” you’re out of luck – at least for the next two weeks.
The actress, who won a Tony Award this month for her role as Bess, is temporarily stepping down from the show while she recovers from inflamed vocal cords. She is due to return July 3.
“No one is more frustrated and disappointed than she is that she will be out of the show through the end of June, but she must adhere to her doctor’s orders,” her rep said in a statement.
At this month’s Tonys, McDonald was named best lead actress in a musical and her show was named best musical revival.
Late Wednesday, a frustrated McDonald said she’s endured cameras and mirrors shoved down her throat and must now be silent. She tweeted: “Want 2 scream but not allowed to speak.”
Watch clips from Broadway’s “Porgy and Bess” below.
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here