*Underground rapper Azealia Banks has taken to her Tumblr page to announce that she is no longer on Twitter, and that she now considers herself a “vocalist.”
In a post titled “No Longer Wishing To Be a Rapper,” Banks explained that she would be considering herself a “vocalist” from now on, and that she deleted her Twitter account because it “makes [her] too accessible.”
“No longer wishing to be a rapper,” she wrote. “i never was…. and as soon as i started paying attention to bulls— urban media, i started getting myself in trouble. From now on i’m a vocalist, and will not be associating myself with the “rap game”… or whatever the f— that means… no more twitter for me… it makes me entirely too accessible. Catch me on tumblr… it’ll be more interesting.”
According to Billboard, Banks created a stir on Twitter last week after news broke that she was splitting from Lady Gaga manager Troy Carter, whom she had signed with in April. Carter, for his part, told Billboard.biz, “I can confirm that I ended the business relationship with Azealia last month on very amicable terms. She’s incredibly talented and I wish her nothing short of an amazing career.”
But Banks had a little bit more to say on the management front, tweeting “I will definitely be working BY MYSELF and saving MY 20% On management commissions while I avoid you sharks in the water….” and that “Lol I just want a really hardcore woman… Or a really gay man as my manager… You other n—-s have WAY too much ego s— with y’all.”
It’s not just management that she’s fed up with, as she clarified in another post on Tumblr, saying “I’m still going to rap… i just don’t want the label and all the other crap that comes with the “rap game”… it’s boring. rather be a dance artist.. lol.” In a response to a fan question, she also said “i’m too weird for hip-hop.”
Banks is currently signed to Interscope/Polydor after a public falling out with former label XL Recordings, which stemmed from creative differences. Her 1991 EP just came out as a primer for her summer mixtape “Fantasea” and major label debut LP “Broke With Expensive Taste,” expected in the fall.
Below, Azealia’s overseas hit “212.” (Warning: Explicit Lyrics)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here