*Mary J. Blige, Bill Cosby and a secret appearance from Prince were part of the weekend-long celebration for the Beverly Hills Hotel’s 100th anniversary, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The hotel’s celebration began Friday at an evening poolside party with 200 guests where Cosby, who had been introduced by Carl Reiner, shared memories about his days at the hotel before playfully conducting an 8-piece jazz band.
The centerpiece of Saturday night’s event was a five-song set by Blige in the Crystal Ballroom that she started off by saying, “I fell in love with the man I married here. Boom.” It was a strong performance and from the first notes of “One Love” the singer had the crowd on its feet, notes THR.
Filmmaker Brett Ratner, who co-hosted the event with Warren Beatty, told a story about staying in one of the bungalows for six months when one day — independent of each other — Bob Evans, Beatty and Michael Jackson dropped by. “I took a picture of them with my grandmother,” says Ratner. “It was great.”
The weekend’s events supported the Motion Picture & Television Fund with Friday’s dedicated to a new project, The American Comedy Fund that will help comics in need. MPTF Foundation chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg said it was natural for the oranization to partner with the BHH as “this is where we do our Oscar party. And the hotel’s been around for 100 years and the fund for 90. We’ve grown up together.”
Other celebs attending the event were Doug Herzog, Irwin Winkler, Tom Arnold, Byron Allen, Frances Fisher, Hawk Koch, Joe Torre, Barbara Davis (who once owned the hotel with her late husband, Marvin), Arthur Cohn, Donald Faison, Donna Mills, Zach Braff, Kevin McCormick, Scott Berg, the MPTF’s Ken Scherer and Bob Beitcher, plus for one brief moment Saturday almost unseen by anyone, Prince, who came in through the kitchen and was there for Blige’s last song.
More pics below:
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here