*Mary J. Blige, Bill Cosby and a secret appearance from Prince were part of the weekend-long celebration for the Beverly Hills Hotel’s 100th anniversary, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The hotel’s celebration began Friday at an evening poolside party with 200 guests where Cosby, who had been introduced by Carl Reiner, shared memories about his days at the hotel before playfully conducting an 8-piece jazz band.
The centerpiece of Saturday night’s event was a five-song set by Blige in the Crystal Ballroom that she started off by saying, “I fell in love with the man I married here. Boom.” It was a strong performance and from the first notes of “One Love” the singer had the crowd on its feet, notes THR.
Filmmaker Brett Ratner, who co-hosted the event with Warren Beatty, told a story about staying in one of the bungalows for six months when one day — independent of each other — Bob Evans, Beatty and Michael Jackson dropped by. “I took a picture of them with my grandmother,” says Ratner. “It was great.”
The weekend’s events supported the Motion Picture & Television Fund with Friday’s dedicated to a new project, The American Comedy Fund that will help comics in need. MPTF Foundation chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg said it was natural for the oranization to partner with the BHH as “this is where we do our Oscar party. And the hotel’s been around for 100 years and the fund for 90. We’ve grown up together.”
Other celebs attending the event were Doug Herzog, Irwin Winkler, Tom Arnold, Byron Allen, Frances Fisher, Hawk Koch, Joe Torre, Barbara Davis (who once owned the hotel with her late husband, Marvin), Arthur Cohn, Donald Faison, Donna Mills, Zach Braff, Kevin McCormick, Scott Berg, the MPTF’s Ken Scherer and Bob Beitcher, plus for one brief moment Saturday almost unseen by anyone, Prince, who came in through the kitchen and was there for Blige’s last song.
More pics below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here