But should he have been suspended?
Like EURweb on Facebook
Here are his comments:
It’s very interesting that he does so many appearances on Fox & Friends. And it’s unscripted. It’s the only time they let Mitt off the leash, so to speak. But it also points out a larger problem he’s got to solve if he wants to be successful come this fall: Romney is very, very comfortable, it seems, with people who are like him. That’s one of the reasons why he seems so stiff and awkward in some town hall settings, why he can’t relate to people other than that. But when he comes on Fox & Friends, they’re like him. They’re white folks who are very much relaxed in their own company.
EURweb and NewsOne columnist Dr. Boyce Watkins believes Williams was just fired for “being a black man.”
Check out an excerpt of his piece below:
Do you hear that? Those are the crickets chirping in the background as I sit and wait for you to give me the punch line that led to Williams being suspended. I can’t find a single offensive word in Williams’ remarks, and the comments are every bit as professional as Williams himself. I’ve interacted with Joe during interviews, and on every single occasion, he was efficient, thorough and thoughtful in his questioning. The idea that he has somehow been labeled to be a rogue is beyond laughable.
But you see, there’s a pattern and unfortunately Joe has been affected by it. For the most part, being born a black man who speaks conscientiously or accurately about issues of race effectively defines you to be a rogue. There isn’t much of a disconnect between the black man who is stopped and frisked on the street, and the black male professor/journalist/doctor/lawyer who has his capabilities questioned, even when he does nothing wrong.
Read more at NewsOne
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here