*The legendary Bobby Womack has announced plans for a world tour following his battle with cancer.
The 68-year-old singer/songwriter was diagnosed with colon cancer in March, but his rep confirmed last month he has gotten the all-clear from his doctors after undergoing surgery.
Womack insists he still has “a long way to go” before he is fully recovered, but he’s eyeing live dates once he bounces back.
He tells the BBC, “They keep telling me one step at a time, one day at a time – but I am planning on going around the world and letting these people know what soul singing really was about, because I have the energy and the vocals to put it on. They deserve to know it, they don’t have to read it in a history book.”
Womack last hit the road for three months as a guest vocalist with British rockers Gorillaz in 2010, a trek he struggled to complete after falling severely ill.
“Everything died at one time,” he recalled. “I’ve never been so sick in my life and they say it started to happen on the Gorillaz tour. I didn’t want to tell them that I was having these seizures and I was losing my sight because I’d seen this was an opportunity… to sing with these guys and I really liked being around them. This was a break for me.”
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here