*The legendary Bobby Womack has announced plans for a world tour following his battle with cancer.
The 68-year-old singer/songwriter was diagnosed with colon cancer in March, but his rep confirmed last month he has gotten the all-clear from his doctors after undergoing surgery.
Womack insists he still has “a long way to go” before he is fully recovered, but he’s eyeing live dates once he bounces back.
He tells the BBC, “They keep telling me one step at a time, one day at a time – but I am planning on going around the world and letting these people know what soul singing really was about, because I have the energy and the vocals to put it on. They deserve to know it, they don’t have to read it in a history book.”
Womack last hit the road for three months as a guest vocalist with British rockers Gorillaz in 2010, a trek he struggled to complete after falling severely ill.
“Everything died at one time,” he recalled. “I’ve never been so sick in my life and they say it started to happen on the Gorillaz tour. I didn’t want to tell them that I was having these seizures and I was losing my sight because I’d seen this was an opportunity… to sing with these guys and I really liked being around them. This was a break for me.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here