The new black channel on the block began last year, airing a mixture of films, documentaries, sports, and other syndicated series.
Since being established, the network has managed to produce two original series “Family Time” produced by Omar Gooding and “Uptown Comic” hosted by Joe Torry.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Family Time,” which was created by Bentley Kyle Evans, is about a family that moves on up from the hood to the suburbs after winning the lottery.
“I loved the script when I read it; I laughed out loud,” Gooding explains. “And talk about working fast: We shot six episodes in five days.”
The show presents positive (but not sanitized) portrayals in the face of the potentially problematic depictions of African Americans on reality television.
“So many reality shows are about fighting and getting drunk,” Gooding says. “But we’re touching on [family] value issues and current issues, like handling money and raising kids who have access to the Internet.”
Both shows debuted Monday night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here