The new black channel on the block began last year, airing a mixture of films, documentaries, sports, and other syndicated series.
Since being established, the network has managed to produce two original series “Family Time” produced by Omar Gooding and “Uptown Comic” hosted by Joe Torry.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Family Time,” which was created by Bentley Kyle Evans, is about a family that moves on up from the hood to the suburbs after winning the lottery.
“I loved the script when I read it; I laughed out loud,” Gooding explains. “And talk about working fast: We shot six episodes in five days.”
The show presents positive (but not sanitized) portrayals in the face of the potentially problematic depictions of African Americans on reality television.
“So many reality shows are about fighting and getting drunk,” Gooding says. “But we’re touching on [family] value issues and current issues, like handling money and raising kids who have access to the Internet.”
Both shows debuted Monday night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here