The new black channel on the block began last year, airing a mixture of films, documentaries, sports, and other syndicated series.
Since being established, the network has managed to produce two original series “Family Time” produced by Omar Gooding and “Uptown Comic” hosted by Joe Torry.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Family Time,” which was created by Bentley Kyle Evans, is about a family that moves on up from the hood to the suburbs after winning the lottery.
“I loved the script when I read it; I laughed out loud,” Gooding explains. “And talk about working fast: We shot six episodes in five days.”
The show presents positive (but not sanitized) portrayals in the face of the potentially problematic depictions of African Americans on reality television.
“So many reality shows are about fighting and getting drunk,” Gooding says. “But we’re touching on [family] value issues and current issues, like handling money and raising kids who have access to the Internet.”
Both shows debuted Monday night.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here