The new black channel on the block began last year, airing a mixture of films, documentaries, sports, and other syndicated series.
Since being established, the network has managed to produce two original series “Family Time” produced by Omar Gooding and “Uptown Comic” hosted by Joe Torry.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“Family Time,” which was created by Bentley Kyle Evans, is about a family that moves on up from the hood to the suburbs after winning the lottery.
“I loved the script when I read it; I laughed out loud,” Gooding explains. “And talk about working fast: We shot six episodes in five days.”
The show presents positive (but not sanitized) portrayals in the face of the potentially problematic depictions of African Americans on reality television.
“So many reality shows are about fighting and getting drunk,” Gooding says. “But we’re touching on [family] value issues and current issues, like handling money and raising kids who have access to the Internet.”
Both shows debuted Monday night.
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here