*Some question whether or not the fight was fixed or not, wondering if Manny Pacquiao really lost. But since the final result was a win for Timothy Bradley, he is now one of the most hated men in boxing.
Although this is the greatest win of his career, Bradley is dealing with a load of criticism and hatred.
That’s not the half of it.
He’s confined to a wheelchair because of his foot injury. On top of all that, he’s received death threats via Facebook, Twitter and even e-mail.
Like us on Facebook
The victory was indeed a controversial one. Many critics and fan agree that the win should have went to Pacquiao.
In an interview with Waddle and Silvy on ESPN Radio Chicago, the fighter talked about the aftermath, saying the victory is painful, between the injury and the fans’ responses.
“I’m the type of guy that likes to get around and I pretty much have to be in a wheelchair and I can’t walk on my ankle so that’s been a bit draining for me. I can’t do what I want to do and can’t spend time with my kids and that’s painful for me. Then also the whole criticism and everything in the media, I can’t really enjoy my victory. That sucks as well but it’s all good, it’s part of boxing. Right now I’m like the most hated fighter on the planet.”
He also sort of pleaded with listeners not to blame him for the results, mentioning the professionalism of the judges.
“I thought the fight was close after the fight. I wasn’t sure if I won it or not. I was like ‘I’m in Vegas and never know how the judges are going to judge it. I know the fight’s really close.’ My corner was telling me ‘you won the fight, you won the fight’ and that was the reason they raised me up after the fight. I felt that I won the fight.”
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here