*Brian Banks, the young hopeful who was exonerated after serving five years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit, has a job offer if his dream of an NFL career doesn’t work out.
Last week, the Arizona Diamondbacks offered him a position. However, in what capacity isn’t known at the present time.
After checking out his story on television, Diamondback’s CEO Derrick Hall said he felt compelled to give Banks an opportunity.
“I just thought, ‘This guy needs a fresh start.’ I saw a very bright, articulate, handsome kid. Great smile. You see a lot of maturity. You see a kid who has been through adversity and can handle it. He’s lost 10 years of his life, and it’s time for some good things to happen to him.”
When he got the phone call, Banks told ESPN.com, “I about fell out of my seat.” Since being freed, the former high school linebacker hadn’t been about to hold a job.
“I’ve been unemployed since I’ve been out,” he said. “I’ve had one real job, working in a warehouse. I’ve had to live with my mom, then with my girlfriend, and for the past seven or eight months with my brother, to survive.”
Banks has a tryout with the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks on June 7. If that doesn’t work out, he’s got a job with the Diamondbacks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here