*Brian Banks, the young hopeful who was exonerated after serving five years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit, has a job offer if his dream of an NFL career doesn’t work out.
Last week, the Arizona Diamondbacks offered him a position. However, in what capacity isn’t known at the present time.
After checking out his story on television, Diamondback’s CEO Derrick Hall said he felt compelled to give Banks an opportunity.
“I just thought, ‘This guy needs a fresh start.’ I saw a very bright, articulate, handsome kid. Great smile. You see a lot of maturity. You see a kid who has been through adversity and can handle it. He’s lost 10 years of his life, and it’s time for some good things to happen to him.”
When he got the phone call, Banks told ESPN.com, “I about fell out of my seat.” Since being freed, the former high school linebacker hadn’t been about to hold a job.
“I’ve been unemployed since I’ve been out,” he said. “I’ve had one real job, working in a warehouse. I’ve had to live with my mom, then with my girlfriend, and for the past seven or eight months with my brother, to survive.”
Banks has a tryout with the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks on June 7. If that doesn’t work out, he’s got a job with the Diamondbacks.
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here