*Brian Banks, the young hopeful who was exonerated after serving five years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit, has a job offer if his dream of an NFL career doesn’t work out.
Last week, the Arizona Diamondbacks offered him a position. However, in what capacity isn’t known at the present time.
After checking out his story on television, Diamondback’s CEO Derrick Hall said he felt compelled to give Banks an opportunity.
“I just thought, ‘This guy needs a fresh start.’ I saw a very bright, articulate, handsome kid. Great smile. You see a lot of maturity. You see a kid who has been through adversity and can handle it. He’s lost 10 years of his life, and it’s time for some good things to happen to him.”
When he got the phone call, Banks told ESPN.com, “I about fell out of my seat.” Since being freed, the former high school linebacker hadn’t been about to hold a job.
“I’ve been unemployed since I’ve been out,” he said. “I’ve had one real job, working in a warehouse. I’ve had to live with my mom, then with my girlfriend, and for the past seven or eight months with my brother, to survive.”
Banks has a tryout with the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks on June 7. If that doesn’t work out, he’s got a job with the Diamondbacks.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here