*Brian Banks, the young hopeful who was exonerated after serving five years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit, has a job offer if his dream of an NFL career doesn’t work out.
Last week, the Arizona Diamondbacks offered him a position. However, in what capacity isn’t known at the present time.
After checking out his story on television, Diamondback’s CEO Derrick Hall said he felt compelled to give Banks an opportunity.
“I just thought, ‘This guy needs a fresh start.’ I saw a very bright, articulate, handsome kid. Great smile. You see a lot of maturity. You see a kid who has been through adversity and can handle it. He’s lost 10 years of his life, and it’s time for some good things to happen to him.”
When he got the phone call, Banks told ESPN.com, “I about fell out of my seat.” Since being freed, the former high school linebacker hadn’t been about to hold a job.
“I’ve been unemployed since I’ve been out,” he said. “I’ve had one real job, working in a warehouse. I’ve had to live with my mom, then with my girlfriend, and for the past seven or eight months with my brother, to survive.”
Banks has a tryout with the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks on June 7. If that doesn’t work out, he’s got a job with the Diamondbacks.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here