After being exonerated, the former Long Beach Poly linebacker has been given the opportunity to try out with the Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers, and Kansas City Chiefs during private workouts.
The 26-year-old has shown some potential and headed back to Seattle on Wednesday for the next step of his journey.
He participated in the team’s three-day mandatory minicamp on invitation from head coach Pete Carroll. Interestingly enough, Banks gave Carroll a verbal commitment while he coached at USC a decade ago.
“I didn’t even know if I was going to have a number, a jersey … I didn’t know what to expect when I first got here,” Banks said. “I got to my locker and saw there was a jersey in it – number 43. And I just wanted to take a picture of it just for myself. It’s just amazing to see my name on the back of it. It’s an honor to be taken serious and to be given this opportunity.”
View more videos at: http://nbclosangeles.com.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here