*Raven-Symone’s Broadway show “Sister Act,” co-produced by Whoopi Goldberg, is set to take its final bow in August, reports the New York Times.
The Tony-nominated musical, based on the 1992 film starring Goldberg, premiered at the Broadway Theatre on March 24, 2011.
According to the Times, the production has struggled with slow ticket sales since the beginning of the year.
Symone, who took on Goldberg’s on-screen role of singer-turned-nun Deloris Van Cartier in March, will have her final curtain call on Aug. 26.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here