*Raven-Symone’s Broadway show “Sister Act,” co-produced by Whoopi Goldberg, is set to take its final bow in August, reports the New York Times.
The Tony-nominated musical, based on the 1992 film starring Goldberg, premiered at the Broadway Theatre on March 24, 2011.
According to the Times, the production has struggled with slow ticket sales since the beginning of the year.
Symone, who took on Goldberg’s on-screen role of singer-turned-nun Deloris Van Cartier in March, will have her final curtain call on Aug. 26.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- UCLA Gymnast Goes Viral With Dab, Nae-Nae, Quan Filled Floor Routine (Watch)
- Ben Carson’s Debate Entrance Mocked on Daytime and Late Night TV (Watch)
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here