*Cee Lo Green of “The Voice’ has been cast in the upcoming musical film “Can a Song Save Your Life,” joining actress Keira Knightly, Mark Ruffalo and fellow “ Voice” coach Adam Levine.
Director John Carney’s film, due in 2013, follows a singer-songwriter (Knightly) who forms a bond with a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) after she is dumped by her rising star boyfriend (Levine).
Green has been cast as hip-hop star Troublegum, who lends a hand to help the young singer fulfill her musical ambitions.
Hailee Steinfeld and Catherine Keener have also landed roles in the movie.
Carney previously scored an international hit with 2006’s “Once,” which earned an Oscar for its song “Falling Slowly.”
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here