*Cee Lo Green of “The Voice’ has been cast in the upcoming musical film “Can a Song Save Your Life,” joining actress Keira Knightly, Mark Ruffalo and fellow “ Voice” coach Adam Levine.
Director John Carney’s film, due in 2013, follows a singer-songwriter (Knightly) who forms a bond with a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) after she is dumped by her rising star boyfriend (Levine).
Green has been cast as hip-hop star Troublegum, who lends a hand to help the young singer fulfill her musical ambitions.
Hailee Steinfeld and Catherine Keener have also landed roles in the movie.
Carney previously scored an international hit with 2006’s “Once,” which earned an Oscar for its song “Falling Slowly.”
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here