*Bishop T.D. Jakes celebrated his 35th anniversary of ministry last Friday with surprise tributes from Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry, Pastor Paula White and Chaka Khan at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas, reports the Christian Post. Celebrities and Christian leaders honored the black minister as a “spiritual leader” and “prophetic voice.”
Oprah Winfrey was the first major surprise guest of the “Triumphant Journey” event celebrating Jakes’ service as a pastor, family man, global leader, author and his work in entertainment. The details of the program were kept secret so that the Potter’s House founding pastor wouldn’t know who would be appearing.
During her tribute, Oprah described Bishop Jakes as a one-of-a-kind person, saying she grew up in the church since she was 8 but had never encountered someone like Bishop Jakes in all her life.
“There is nobody like you,” Oprah told a stunned Bishop Jakes as he watched from a balcony. “You are a prophet. You are a teacher … an American treasure.”
Read the full story at the Christian Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Beyonce: Jay Z Cheated ... But This Timeline Reveals the Truth
- Michelle Obama Encourages HS Students to Embrace Help in College
- Behold Jonathan Butler's New Single & Video 'I Am That I Am'
- Tamar Davis and Joe Maye Reflect on ‘The Voice,’ Life Beyond the Show
- Columbus Short Digs Deeper Legal Hole, Fails Drug Test
- Lionel Richie: Why Prince Turned Down 'We Are the World'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here