*Bishop T.D. Jakes celebrated his 35th anniversary of ministry last Friday with surprise tributes from Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry, Pastor Paula White and Chaka Khan at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas, reports the Christian Post. Celebrities and Christian leaders honored the black minister as a “spiritual leader” and “prophetic voice.”
Oprah Winfrey was the first major surprise guest of the “Triumphant Journey” event celebrating Jakes’ service as a pastor, family man, global leader, author and his work in entertainment. The details of the program were kept secret so that the Potter’s House founding pastor wouldn’t know who would be appearing.
During her tribute, Oprah described Bishop Jakes as a one-of-a-kind person, saying she grew up in the church since she was 8 but had never encountered someone like Bishop Jakes in all her life.
“There is nobody like you,” Oprah told a stunned Bishop Jakes as he watched from a balcony. “You are a prophet. You are a teacher … an American treasure.”
Read the full story at the Christian Post.
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here