*Bishop T.D. Jakes celebrated his 35th anniversary of ministry last Friday with surprise tributes from Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry, Pastor Paula White and Chaka Khan at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas, reports the Christian Post. Celebrities and Christian leaders honored the black minister as a “spiritual leader” and “prophetic voice.”
Oprah Winfrey was the first major surprise guest of the “Triumphant Journey” event celebrating Jakes’ service as a pastor, family man, global leader, author and his work in entertainment. The details of the program were kept secret so that the Potter’s House founding pastor wouldn’t know who would be appearing.
During her tribute, Oprah described Bishop Jakes as a one-of-a-kind person, saying she grew up in the church since she was 8 but had never encountered someone like Bishop Jakes in all her life.
“There is nobody like you,” Oprah told a stunned Bishop Jakes as he watched from a balcony. “You are a prophet. You are a teacher … an American treasure.”
Read the full story at the Christian Post.
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here