*The mother of Miami Heat star Chris Bosh’s 3-year-old daughter, Allison Mathis, has broken her silence and is speaking out.
Mathis, 32, cringes at the thought that anyone would believe she’s another NBA baby mama who got pregnant for child support.
She acknowledges that she and Bosh, who tonight plays what could be the wrap up game against Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals, produced a child out-of-wedlock.
However, speaking with Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra, she claims their child was wanted, the product of love. Keep in mind that Mathis and Bosh lived together for two years when he played for the Toronto Raptors, and she says Bosh had her get fertility treatment when getting pregnant proved harder than he thought.
In her first interview since their daughter Trinity was born three years ago, Mathis says she doesn’t understand why Bosh is ignoring her pleas for help after she lost her job last month, placing her on the edge of foreclosure and public assistance.
Worse: She says Bosh has spent upward of $2 million on a coterie of lawyers to keep his child support payment at $2,600 a month – millions that even the Orange County judge handling their case said would be better spent on his daughter.
“Chris really wanted us to have a baby, that why he had me go to a fertility doctor,” Mathis exclusively told Gossip Extra at the downtown Orlando office of her lawyer, Jane E. Carey. “I followed the treatment and we eventually became pregnant. He was very happy when Trinity was born.”
(See the exclusive video below showing Bosh and Mathis learning the results of their pregnancy test)
As Gossip Extra revealed exclusively Saturday, Mathis is the Orlando single mother who applied for tax-funded food stamps because, she says, Bosh’s child support barely pays for her mortgage. The tallhead makes as much as $18 million a year playing for the Heat.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Mathis believed Bosh would marry her when Trinity was born. But she and Bosh broke up when she was six months pregnant, and she eventually moved to Orlando to be with her family.
But Bosh married Adrienne Williams last year, and the couple had their first child last month.
Lawyer Carey says Bosh’s aggressive legal stand started when he moved to Florida in 2010 to join LeBron James and Dwyane Wade on the Heat.
If you believe Bosh, however, he’s not really living in the $12.5 million-mansion he bought in 2010 in Miami Beach but in the 1,800-square-foot house at 904 Manor Drive, De Soto, Texas, according to court records. That house is assessed at $93,000.
“The amount of child support was set by a judge in Dallas, Texas, where Mr. Bosh is from,” Carey said. “Let’s just say they gave him a sweetheart deal because he’s a favorite son over there.
Whoa! There’s more juice at Gossip Extra. Check it out HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here