He wasn’t speaking to a journalist, however. It was his business partner Ron English who asked all the questions, including the secret to making young people’s music dreams come true.
“I think the key is basically just your determination. As far an artist is concerned, it’s just about your drive and your dream,” said Chris, who got his unlikely start at a very young age.
“I started when I was about 11, singing,” Chris told Ron, revealing that he wasn’t really into music at first. His desire to sing grew when he started listening to R&B, and it didn’t take him long to figure out that he had a decent voice.
He added that his mother was an influence in his life and encouraged him to pursue his dream, but keep balance in his life. The singer admitted that his mama wasn’t quite on board with his dream initially, but eventually saw his vision.
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here