*Chris Brown has given a statement to NYPD investigators about the bottle-flying melee between Chris Brown and Drake at New York nightclub W.i.P. on Wednesday night. The fight left Brown with a bloody gash on his chin and seriously injured one of his bodyguards, Big Pat.
Unnamed law enforcement sources tell TMZ that Brown’s celebrity lawyer, Mark Geragos, has given police unspecified “physical evidence” that allegedly implicates Drake and Meek as the aggressors in the fight.
One of the rappers hanging with Drake that night, Meek Mill, has denied reports that he set the fight off by tossing a bottle at Brown’s group. Drake has also said he had nothing to do with the melee, issuing a statement on Thursday that read, “Drake did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind last night at W.i.P. He was on his way out of the club when the altercation began. [Drake] did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property.”
Police say neither Brown nor Drake are currently suspects in the case and the Brown is being treated as a “witness and a victim.” And while Drake has reportedly been “cooperating” with investigators and his representatives have had conversations with police, it was unclear at press time if the rapper had been involved in any direct talks with detectives.
Citing unnamed sources, TMZ claimed that the instigator may have been someone in Brown’s camp who was “inciting Drake and his people all night.” A video purportedly showing the brawl also emerged on Thursday on YouTube. (See below. Warning, strong language.)
Though it’s not possible to make out who is involved in the fight, a DJ can be heard saying that the party will resume shortly and at one point a large gentleman in a white tank top covered with blood can be seen being escorted from the club. A short time later, a man is seen throwing a punch at another gentleman being held by security, after which the aggressor runs out the door of the club.
Another video, seen below, shows footage of Chris Brown and Mill leaving the club. Meek was spotted walking down the sidewalk, while Brown takes off his shirt before getting into a black SUV. Drake is also in the clip, but he is partially hidden in the crowd. Trey Songz was also filmed walking out of the club. [Footage starts at 2:35 below.]
As previously reported, a bystander who was injured in the incident, 24-year-old Australian tourist Hollie C., has filed a police report after getting hit in the head by a bottle.
She suffered a gash that required 16 stitches and on Thursday she posted the below video in which she lashed out those involved.
She says in the clip: “I went out last night with my friends to a place called W.i.P. and I’ve spent most of the night and morning in hospital … the reason why I have 16 stitches on my head, my face is because of some stupid famous people having a fight over a girl. Where’s the justice in them walking away, driving away in a limo while I have to catch a train home on one of my holidays?”
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here