*Chris Brown’s father says he wants his famous son to distance himself from his ex-girlfriend Rihanna, claiming it would be the best move for his career.
The former couple recently reunited for two remix tracks, which didn’t sit well with a number of fans upset that she had seemingly moved past his beating of her in 2009.
Now Brown’s dad, Clinton Brown, tells Star magazine that he has concerns about a possible reunion, and that he has advised his son to stay away from Riri to prevent further problems.
“I do not condone everything that goes on with Chris, but I love my son with all my being,” he tells Star magazine. “I am always concerned about him… He can make his own decisions. But, as a concerned parent, I would rather they not have any involvement.”
Brown also assured fans upset by the former couple’s ongoing relationship that there’s nothing romantic going on: “He said, ‘We are friends, and that’s the extent of it.’ But when you’re that emotionally involved with someone and have a history, it could cause problems. Sometimes you need to cut the strings and move beyond the past.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here